The post is within the civil engineering design team which is responsible for the design of highway and drainage schemes for commercial, industrial and residential developments. Experience in road (Section 38 & 278) and drainage (Section 104) design is required and you should be familiar with relevant design software packages such as Micro drainage, PDS and AutoCAD.
The candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK and will ideally have at least
10 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work and possess a relevant qualification in Civil Engineering, preferably to degree standard. Professional status would be an advantage (such as C.Eng or I.Eng)
The suitable candidate will possess:-
- Capability to work independently or with the design team
- Ability to effectively delegate work to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff
- Experience in designing sites from inception to completion, including the preparation of FRA reports/drainage appraisals and incorporating SUDS in accordance with the Local/Water Authority requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards
- Excellent time and management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience in dealing with clients and attending design team meetings
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
In return we offer a competitive salary package, free on-site parking, pension contribution scheme, health scheme, other company benefits and the opportunity to engage with a professional, ambitious team.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Andrew Radcliffe. Please include details of existing salary package and C.V.