Green Lane Mills was built in 1868 on land purchased from the Rawden Baptist Church by cloth maker, Thomas Pratt, who lived in Little London. Cloth was produced in the mill until 1906 when a fire gutted most of the buildings. Most machinery was lost as a result, but the weaving shed itself survived with minor damage.
The mill was rebuilt and become a Dyehouse for Naylor Jennings & Co., which then became part of the Viyella group.
Green Lane Mills is a 150 year old mill building bristling with character and has lost none of its charm through its through its transformation into stylish, modern apartments, fit for 21st-century living